Individuals looking to advance their knowledge in tourism and hospitality management.
What You'll Learn
- Study the latest management practices and strategies in human resources, marketing, finance, and technology from an international perspective.
- Explore customer service and customer relations management.
- Learn about corporate communications, advertising and promotions management.
- Be able to plan and coordinate events with a strong understanding of marketing, fundraising, and technology; focus on specialized areas like weddings, corporate events and special events.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of tourism agencies, airlines, cruise lines, hotel chains, government and nonprofit organizations all over the world. They might include:
- Travel consultant
- Travel organizer
- Hotel manager
- Travel center executive
“The program was not only about studying books, but how to manage our skills in real life. The difference at UCR is that they go beyond the lessons and show us how to put into practice what we learn. UCR motivates us to give our best.”
Lucia Cantero Martinez
Postgraduate Diploma Programs
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of academic & management experience) required.
- No GMAT or management experience required.
Dates & Fees
Duration: 9 months
Tuition Cost: $19,500* (2015/2016)
2016 Available Session Dates:
Fall: September 19, 2016 - June 16, 2017
2017 Available Session Dates:
Winter: January 2 - September 8, 2017
Fall: September 25, 2017 - June 15, 2018
*Amount is in U.S. dollars and reflects tuition cost only.
Continue in a Master's Pathway to complete a Master's degree with an additional six to eight months of study:
MSc in International Tourism Management at Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland.
Master of International Tourism and Hotel Management at Southern Cross University in Australia.
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“Whatever your goal, completing a professional certificate program will give you confidence to reach for the top. Join thousands of UCR Extension students whose lives have been transformed by our programs.”
Dr. Sharon Duffy
UCR Extension Professional Studies
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.