- Want to begin an event planning business
- Have had or will have a position that requires planning and executing events
- Organize weddings, birthday parties, or other personal events
What You'll Learn
- Gain a broad understanding of event planning and management, as well as industry specifics in the principles of event management.
- Learn about risk, contracts, starting and managing your own business, and marketing.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, or you can start your own event planning business. They might include:
- Event Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Lead Conference Organizer
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
Principles of Special Events Management
Developing and Managing Your Event Business
Marketing an Event Business
“My real-life experience and passion has always been producing and managing events. I have spoken to organizations about buying entertainment, event layout, and labor. I have taught classes about food and beverage, tap dancing and best practices. I share real-life stories, include event industry guest speakers, and teach you to confidently learn to design exceptional events.”
Producer, Educator, Speaker and Consultant
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.