Summer Academy Program Dates: July 10-22, 2017
Change is a given; success is not. As businesses evolve and grow, so will the demand for effective leaders who know how to build and maintain high-performance teams. Learn fundamental leadership strategies that will stand the test of time and prepare you to be the most effective communicator, confident decision-maker, and mentor you can be. Learn how to manage expectations, conflict, and competing demands, while meeting organizational goals.
Individuals who are:
- New supervisors or team leaders
- Experienced professionals who seek to improve their skills and knowledge
What You'll Learn
- Essential tools to be an effective supervisor, including how to evaluate others, providing constructive feedback, and providing clear objectives.
- Core managerial skills and strategies for managing change.
- Communication techniques for delivering information successfully.
- Methods to achieve key organizational results through coaching and mentoring.
- Principles and dynamics for high performance work teams, including how to positively manage workplace differences.
What You Can Do with This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in firms, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
What You Should Know
“I am very pleased with the knowledge I gained from the courses in this program. Because of all I learned, I have found myself more patient and understanding with my co-workers. The instructors brought real-life knowledge and examples to the courses, which made them quite enjoyable.”
Water Management Specialist
Coachella Valley Water District
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
Understanding Your Role as Supervisor
Managing High Performance Teams
Motivating, Managing, and Developing Others
Project and Process Management
Managing Through Workplace Inclusion
Moving Through Change: What's In It For Me?
“My interest in teaching comes from experiencing a variety of different methods of instruction over the last 20 years. I believe that not all students learn in the same way, so I use a variety of methods in my classes. Using my personal experiences, and combining them with theory and a real-world approach, class discussions develop and students offer to the success of the class.”
Joshua G. Hayes
The Aon Hew Corporation
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.